Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Atom Bomb Of Your Departure

it hit me--
disintegrated in the shock wave
a pulse tearing faster than meatbeats,

tore apart all i knew,
your cats,
your use,
your farm that i built,
everything i did and wrote;

it cast me in a space with white walls
denied by existing;
the radiation--a river
of chemicals for us both.

i spin and spit blood--
your failed apocalypse will always exude--
a tooth, dust i am.
i let it go and it takes me.

here in the water i wait,
wait for you,
blank and angled
like something new,
or a blade you never see,
but it's really just
everything you've ever forgotten.

2 comments:

S.L. Corsua said...

Strong words, blasting impact on the mind, fresh lines I've just now encountered... and greatly enjoyed. The third and last stanzas, especially. The pathos in the ending is akin to the remnants of an explosion. ;) Cheers.

Drook said...

Thank you for enjoying my draft :) I only publish drafts online because I always want to change something, ah that editor. take care.